Welcome to Crypto market(India Rupee) in India
Bitcoin Local Market Price Comparison
Etereum Local Market Price Comparison
USDT Local Market Price Comparison
Crypto Exchange in India
Crypto currency exchange in India with my review
- Founded by Nischal Shetty and Siddharth Menon on December 1, 2017 in Mumbai, western India.
- Launched in 2018 as a platform for trading crypto currency WRX Coin
- Largest exchange in the Indian cryptocurrency market with the highest trading volume and the most users
- November 21, 2019 Binance acquires WazirX and joins Binance Group
- BINANCE users can use BINANCE to transfer assets between BINANCE and WazirX
- WazirX leverages BINANCE's BiNB Smart Chain blockchain to provide NFT generation and trading platform
- Founded by Sumit Gupta in 2018
- Second largest player in the Indian crypto assets market
- With more than 10 million users
- Known as an exchange with investments by B Capital Group, Coinbase Ventures, and others
- Raised $135 million Series D funding on April 19, 2022, valued at $2.1 billion by CoinDCX valued at $50.5 million.
- Partnered with Solidus Labs, a trade monitoring and market integrity firm
- In 2012, Zebpay's predecessor, BuySellBitco.in, was founded and started
- in, a service that allows users to buy, sell, and store crypto currency in Bitcoin wallets.
- Rebranded to Zebpay in 2014
- Raised $1 million in 2016
- Also has a presence in Singapore and is expanding abroad as well as in India
- Established in 2017 in Bengaluru, India
- Long-established exchange in India
- Known for its high trading volume in USDC/INR
- Bangalore-based exchange opened in 2013
- Known as the first company in India to start bitcoin trading
- Currently has lost market share to WazirX, but used to be the largest exchange in India
- Founded in 2017 by Ashish Singhal
- Raised US$260 million in Series C round in 2021 with a market capitalization of US$1.9 billion
- Became India's 30th unicorn and the highest market capitalization of any crypto currency startup unicorn, surpassing CoinDCX's US$1.1 billion
- Raised funding from Andreessen Horowitz (a16z), Coinbase Ventures, Sequoia Capital India and other VCs
- CeFi service for Indians based in Singapore
- Main business is Lending, but cooperates with Binance to offer INR pair transactions
Lending service by Vauld
- Has many Indian customers overseas.
- Indian brand developed by the world's top Huobi Global
- Low transaction volume and small presence
- Huobi has opened exchanges around the world in local markets, but has not gained market share in india
- Huobi is also operating in Japan,Korea and Indonesia
Japanese Crypto Market
Korean Crypto Market
Indonesia Crypto Market
History of Crypto in India
The Reserve Bank of India (RBI) has recognized that digital currencies pose legal, regulatory and operational challenges.
In August of the same year, an email from an RBI spokesperson revealed that the bank was investigating Bitcoin.
December 24, 2013
The RBI issued an advisory to the Indian public not to indulge in buying and selling of digital currencies, including Bitcoin.
Following this announcement, bitcoin traders in the country started shutting down their operations.
A few days later, a raid was conducted on the office of buysellbit.co.in website, which was offering a bitcoin trading platform in Ahmadabad.
Preliminary investigations revealed that the website was in violation of the Foreign Exchange Control Act.
December 28, 2013
RBI Deputy Governor K. C. Chakrabarty announced that there are no plans to regulate bitcoin.
WazirX,BitBNS and CoinSwitch Kuber established in 2017
November 21, 2019
Binance acquires WazirX
The Indian government is planning to propose a bill to ban crypto assets (Crypto currencies).
It will prohibit not only trading, but also holding them in the country.
A senior government official told Reuters.
CoinSwitch Kuber Raises $260 Million in Series C Round
Led by Coinbase Ventures and Andreessen Horowitz (a16z), with participation from existing investors Sequoia, Paradigm, Ribbit and Tiger Global
The lower house of the Indian Parliament has passed a bill on crypto asset taxation.
It imposes a 30% tax on crypto currency income and does not allow for profit and loss deduction, effective April 1, 2022.
CoinDCX completes $135 million in funding.
Series D round led by investors Pantera and Steadview, with participation from Kingsway, DraperDragon, Republic and Kindred
India's Largest Cryptocurrency Exchange WazirX Breaks News of Moving to Dubai
The company will continue to maintain offices in Mumbai and Bangalore capitals